MotherPope

Blessed by GOD, to be loud and proud of what is good and right and true! GOD bless us, Everyone! IJCNA

Monday, April 20, 2015

3 Houston Angels

It all started with hurricane Ike... and Insurance was re-roofing the house... and the men doing the job asked me if I wanted to do the roof on the shed... because 'it would be extra'... well I thought I was going to tear it down and build another one later... so I told him nawww... don't worry about the shed.

And then of course over time, I guess I cared more for other people than I did myself... so... I never did get around to rebuilding the shed... because I lost over a hundred grand of inherited money by family and friends who were 'gonna pay me back'.

So eventually the roof caved in. And we live in poverty, can't afford to fix things, was going to wait till tax time next year, but about a month ago I got a citation from the city... they stuck a yellow poster board in the front of my house facing the street by the curb and I didn't even realize what it was... I thought it was a garage sale sign that people are always putting on my corner. But then my daughter was driving by and saw it and brought it to me... I called the number and talked to a very nice man who said lots of people in that area got them, if we don't keep up on home repairs, it drops the home values in the area... yeah I get it... so, I explained to him how people had ripped me off so bad and I never got a chance to change the shed. Looking back, I should of just allowed those workers to charge me 'extra' at the time, but honestly I was going to replace it!

Sometimes I have the worst luck...

So I told the man on the phone that I thought they should't post it like a garage sale sign out front facing the street, they should mail me something or put a paper on my door. And sure enough, within a week I received a letter in the mail and a red tag on my door. HA!

My neighbor got one of those yellow posters tacked on his tree at the edge of his curb, he didn't even know it was there, until we stopped and talked to him about it!

So I started talking to different people about what to do? And first I called to see how much one of those big containers would cost... it was about $500.00! I couldn't afford that! And then we talked about one of those bags that you can buy at the home improvement store and you fill it up and the truck comes and picks it up, it was about $150.00~ wow.

So I tell my son the problem and he hired a friend and they came and tore the building down. We were a little confused about the heavy trash pick up schedule... and couldn't put it out for a few more days, And there were no programs to help people who live in poverty... you have to be 65 or older for them to even help at all.

So we made plans with friends to load up a couple trucks and take it to the dump, you know with the water bill? We had taken 2 loads, until the rain came. And we had to stop.... and heavy trash was coming in less than 2 weeks so we made plans to move it to the curb the Sunday before it was scheduled. But when the time came to do it, no one showed up. Some were out of town and others working. and the last 3 days that we had, I was told by a few that it would be done... and I went to bed believing them. I went to sleep with them all out there drinking. (I don't drink) so I wasn't out there with them.

When I got up... expecting to see all that debris on the edge of the street like we're supposed to do... OMG... nothing was done! And I heard the trucks coming! Oh let me tell you about the panic attack I was having... I felt like my heart was going to explode as I quickly started pulling stuff out to the side of the street, by myself and I have medical issues, I couldn't possibly do it alone... I called my daughter and was complaining... so she showed up... and her dad, he was so grumpy and cussing and complaining. Well I was mad at him because he was apart of the drinking crew that didn't get it done.


One of my daughters friends had pulled 3 mattresses off of a neighbors pile of heavy trash cause she was going to 'take them'... but she never did... so I had those out to the curb and told the guy in the truck how my daughters friend had pulled them over... and asked if we should put them back on the neighbors pile...  but he said no, they would get them. In the meantime we are making another pile... so they did pick up the mattresses and the small pile we had made... and they went on down the road.

I was very upset... I had read the cities website and knew the rules... one pile about the size of a mini van... but I also knew they would have to come out of the hood at some point and I was praying hard they would pick up another pile.

We were busy making a 3rd pile... when a neighbor was walking his dog and saw our problem... he walked his dog home and came back to help us... I was using a shovel and I found something I wanted to take into the house when I came back out, this man was shoveling! He laid down the shovel and helped with the heavy stuff... he never left us until the job was all finished!

Now I am very reclusive and haven't met all my neighbors, not even after 21 years! But I discovered that he had moved in about the same time as we did... but he had rented his house out... and had recently moved back in... wow... I was so intrigued... by a stranger who would stop his leisurely day and help us get the debris to the curb like that! I asked him his name... and he said... Angel... WOW... how spot on that was... he was really an angel! Praise GOD...

Another friend who said they would help showed up after it was all taken to the curb... well, I am thankful he came even if it was just in time to pray... and boy did we pray...

And when the men came back out... they stopped... and they picked up the last pile... Praise GOD... Thank You Jesus!  These 2 men from the city of Houston Waste Department were angels that day when they stopped and picked up that last load... because if they didn't, I am sure I would of gotten more than a citation. I would of gotten a huge ticket. We were already talking about how we would have to load up a few more truck loads and take it to the dump if they had not stopped.

I was so happy I was Praising GOD for sending me angels to help me when I needed it!

I even went out there and Thanked him myself... I told him I knew they didn't have to stop and we were praying they would... so GOD sent me 3 angels that day... when I needed them... these men... Angel and Dale Foster and his co worker... felt GOD move in their spirits for goodness sake... and helped out a poor woman who really needed it!

And then here comes Angel running over with a bunch of Gateraid or Poweraid for the workers... what a great world we live in when people come together to help each other when they are needed...

Sometimes miracles do happen!

Praise GOD! Thank You Jesus!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home