MotherPope

Blessed by GOD, to be loud and proud of what is good and right and true! GOD bless us, Everyone! IJCNA

Sunday, January 02, 2022

I Went Smooth Off

 It's been a crazy couple of days.

Straight up I went off on Dee. I don't do this very often. In fact, the last time I went off on someone, was in my garage about 15 years ago. And I went off on a dad who was yelling at his teenage kid. It was bad. I don't remember word for word but the short of what I said to him was "You can't build a child up by tearing him down."  And he shut up and to this day he would tell you that he was surprised at me.

You see I am not like that. It's not my habit to go off on people. I try to be like Jesus and spread PEACE and LOVE. But sometimes I guess yellers only hear yellers. 

I had already spent my last ten dollars on 2 packs of cigarettes. One for each of them. Nothing for me. And I was OK with that. I don't get freaked out over that. After all, I am the 3rd person. But then yesterday, she came in and woke me up, asking me to buy her a pack of cigarettes. My check had barely hit the bank. I gave her my card to go get her a pack and when she came home, I had worked up a good mad.  She asked me why wasn't I sleeping? "Because I can't sleep when I'm mad." She asked me why I was mad. Thats when it happened.

  I brought up the fact that she had just had a tooth fall out! (If you look up the results of smoking the number one thing was tooth loss) She has COPD from smoking over 50 years. She complains she can't breathe. And she can't buy food, but she has to have cigarettes. And then I said very loudly; "I HATE them f**king nasty cigarettes!"  She didn't say a word. She stared at me a few seconds, then jumped up and went to her room and shut the door. 

I went into a terrible depression because I don't usually act like that. I felt like I was the bad guy, and I was sad that I had lost control. We didn't speak for 2 days. I had talked to a couple of my friends. And had gotten some good advice, they didn't blame me. But it wasn't until I was going over it with a 3rd friend... (I had posted on social media that I was unhappy, so they called) Then, I suddenly got the idea that what I had done was a good thing! Maybe she needed to see me like that. To see me react with such a fierceness.  

Today, she has been so nice to me!  Bending over backwards to make me smile! 

Frankly, I was surprised she didn't pack up and move out.

But honestly, she knew that everything I said was the truth.

And she told me she is going to get some nicotine patches from her Dr. 

I am amazed that the thing that I thought was so bad turned out to be something that was good. I am so happy that she somehow realized I wasn't playing. I guess.

So, all in all, all is well. 

I am grateful to GOD for helping us to make something good happen. 

We've been friends since 1972.

I guess she understands me. 

Her Dr appointment is in 2 days. I will come back and post her results.

Let's all pray for her to quit!

GOD, please help Dee quit smoking! 

IJCNA

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home