MotherPope

Blessed by GOD, to be loud and proud of what is good and right and true! GOD bless us, Everyone! IJCNA

Monday, July 19, 2021

The Power Of The Son

    So this phrase keeps rolling through my head. The power of the son.

It brings me multiple thoughts. Like how 'son' could be interchanged with 'sun'. And how very much like the sun, the son is... Bright... powerful... with the ability to shine the light for ALL to see clearly.

And it amazes me how Jesus, The SON of GOD also shines a bright powerful light to light up the darkness so all is seen clearly. Sorta like what is happening in the world today.

I love it! It's going to make a great movie some day! 

But 'the thing' is actually different from all these thoughts. 

Here's the story...

A few weeks ago my x step son showed up here. Now, he was 15 when I married his dad, and he is now 44. I was surprised to see him. He was looking for a place to stay. And I told him there was no room. And there's really not. All the bedrooms are filled and we have turned the back room into a living room again, after my daughter and her crew moved out of it. They were all sleeping back there. We now have a new couch back there and we decided we didn't want anyone sleeping on it. 

He took it pretty good and said "well thanks anyways." and left. You see...

He had recently gotten out of prison. Alcohol and anger issues and driving drunk got him there. And he hasn't been a very good person, I just didn't feel like I could handle all the drama and problems.

I didn't really give it much thought, I did love and care about him, but I guess I wasn't very confident in my ability to show that love and care at that time. I have been feeling overwhelmed and exhausted. 

So... a few days later, guess who calls me...  nope... not his dad, but MY son!

This is where the origin of the power of the son hit me!

So he tells me that my step son walked over 2 hours for a 10 minute meeting with his boss for a job! The boss was so impressed he got hired! Wha??? And my son goes on to say, "He has changed, I know he used to be a not so good person but he's really different! 

And here is the power of the son... he says... "I think you should try to make room for him, I would but my wife doesn't want him here. I know he won't let you down, and he can help with money to pay the debt." I pause. To think. And I quickly checked with the other people living here and they all said OK. So I said, well I guess we can set up a cot either in the living room or the dining room, or even the front hall. Which the hall would be my personal choice cause it can be shut off by doors to give some privacy.

That day, I had to take my son to the Dr. before work and I dropped him off after the appointment. Here is the first sign of change... my step son happened to be at the big doors when we pulled up... I saw him smile and wave and take 1 step towards me and instantly checked himself and went straight back to work, instead of coming over to see me. I was impressed! 

And here is what followed...

A couple days after he got set up in the front hallway, I noticed something. He was always talking about the Lord... I LOVE that when people start preachin' to me! And he was! What it was, was while he was in prison, he found Jesus!  I mean, he REALLY did find Jesus, not some of that fun and game crap that some people do. I mean this kid... he has it down! He has GOD within him! He is still a babe in Christ, but friends... this is the real deal! And how very appropriate and positively awesomely amazing to see it with my own eyes.

And this is what its all about Folks, GOD didn't send Jesus to save the world... the world is a wonderful place, men errrr, people have created some mighty wonderous things to be amazed at! The world does not need to be saved... no... Jesus came to save the fallen, the downtrodden... the lost.

Ha, years ago I watched as his blood father went after him with a knife and ended up cutting his own self... I knew then, GOD was in control and watching over the kid. 

And yes, I did tell his dad... see, ya went out with bloody intent and it came back to bite ya.

Well to this day his dad doesn't have anything to do with him. His whole family has written him off. His mother passed in April. Ya know... I am glad that GOD used my son to give me a change of heart.

Its sorta how Jesus makes intercession with The Father...

To save a lost soul. For the son knows... the heart of his brother.

So the days have been good, if not challenging me to keep up! 

But there is calm... there is PEACE and there is LOVE!

I have good close relationships with my kids... I can't imagine some people turning their backs on their kids... even in the hardest of times... I am just glad that GOD gave me that sort of LOVE to share. And I am thankful for Jesus for showing us the way to GOD The Father, through the Holy Ghost that comes to live inside a person who seeks the spirit of GOD.

And I am Thankful to GOD for giving me this job to do... 

And my heart is glad...

GOD Bless US, Everyone! IJCNA

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home