MotherPope

Blessed by GOD, to be loud and proud of what is good and right and true! GOD bless us, Everyone! IJCNA

Wednesday, January 01, 2014

The Beauty Of Christmas

Now, I never mince words about the fact that my family lives in poverty. My babies daddy got laid off last year and we drained our savings and now that he is working at a different job making half the money, things have been really... in a terrible state.

But I have enough blessings in my life that keep me focused.

A safe home, 6 healthy, beautiful grand children to share the love with every day!

And really great friends!

And this years Christmas showed me how sometimes a plan really does sometimes come together, when you least expect it... and even when you are not holding out for much hope of a super day!

It didn't matter about the mounting debt. Or the fact that I was eating more and more meals at my sons house. Or that for the last several months I have been having to hang out my clothes, which in itself is great... but living on a corner street everyone can see my laundry hanging out. I am the ONLY one in the hood hanging out my clothes. And really... I don't mind.

There is no money for extras. I am grateful for the rice and beans which is a mainstay in our home.

Our daughter has moved back home, she has 2 babies in diapers. She is going to Texas School Of Business. She is sure struggling. She often gets diapers and staples from a local Church. Hey, it is what it is.
We are all struggling.

It was a particularly hard year this past year. Its good that I am frugal and know how to pinch pennies!

So here we were... not expecting a good day... and there is a particular friend, I will call her, Ms T. She is a good friend of the family and was concerned about the boys not having a Christmas. So she asked me ages and sizes... I thought OK, she was going to get a few clothes for the boys...   then...

I TOTALLY FREAKED OUT when she showed up with about 8 boxes of Christmas Cheer!

I wept tears of joy as I went through boxes and boxes of non perishable food items...

I never want to forget the Christmas that was... because of Ms T's LOVE and generosity.

Here is my pantry... stocked full and overflowing... (like my blessings)

And here are some shelves in the front hall...
I was deeply moved by the loving care of this woman... who put OFF her own Christmas to take the time to make sure that we would also have a GOOD day as well... These pics do not even show the baby bath soap, the laundry supplies... or the presents that were for us... I went to bed that night seeing my babies daddy sleeping in a pile of candy! It sure was a treat he didn't expect!

Here is a pic of my bar that has nuts from a neighbor, a bottle of wine from a friend, Christmas coffee from another friend... bows from the gifts of clothes and toys for the boys, who ripped through them before I could even take a pic... even the box of tissues were given to us from someone who cared that we had more than just our sleeves to wipe our noses with... all tokens of love from others who love us.
Its a beautiful day in the life...

The sentiment is amazing...

I am humbled and amazed that my friend would turn out to be such an amazingly thoughtful person. She knew we were struggling and her loving actions have seen to it that we will make it through the worst of times... very soon our daughter will graduate and will be able to help us, help her.

I think its just a beautiful circle of LOVE and help... the way Ms T came and made our Christmas a night of wonder... Wondering how I became so blessed to have this living angel who walks around aka Ms T, caring for those who have less than she and her family does. Well, the truth is...it was GOD who asked her to do it... and she answered GODs call with a big YES! Praise GOD, Thank you Jesus! GOD blessed me with an angel on Christmas eve!

If anyone reads this who has donated or helped anyone in need... please allow me to THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart and soul... its this sort of people in the world who make it what it is...

A world full of LOVE... searching for PEACE among men... and A PEOPLE willing to share and give loving care and help for the ones living in poverty... I could never thank you enough...

And Ms T... GOD bless you special...

You are an amazing woman!

A true child of GOD!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home