MotherPope

Blessed by GOD, to be loud and proud of what is good and right and true! GOD bless us, Everyone! IJCNA

Friday, March 14, 2014

In Memory Of Brother Ed...

I wanted something very special for my 200th post.

But I never knew in a lifetime that this would be it.

I am both sad and joyous with the death of this man...

This was the man... head of 7 churches in 7 states... including, but not limited to... Iowa, Nebraska, Illinois, Missouri, Ohio... the good ole mid west USA where people are just born to be good!

I met this man when I was 19. He was head of the church I was baptized in.

And he was also my 1st father in law...

And because he was that special person in my life... I spent many an hour bending his ear and listening close when he was talking. I will never forget those years we would all go listen to him preach on those late Saturday mornings. The church which was the best I have ever known and was always in someones home...  was a non profit sorta thing... this mans only mission in his life was to spread the WORD OF THE LIVING GOD! And he did a GREAT job!

I'll never forget the day he walked around and laid hands on different people... and I was one of them... not all spoke, but as soon as he laid his hands on my head, my mouth opened and spoke words that I had no clue I was saying... but they did come. And it was that day that I was told because I was one of the chosen to speak... well, that brought on a new meaning to my life... a new purpose. They called me a Prophetess.. a Teacher... and then weird things started happening to me... like when GOD told me to go tell the lady who worked at the post office something and I argued with GOD, because I didn't know her that well much less the intimate details of her life...  I didn't want to look stupid... so for 3 nights I couldn't sleep GOD kept telling me to go... so the morning of the 4th day... I went to the post office to a woman I barely knew and said some words I had no idea how I knew them... and the moment I stopped speaking, her phone rang and confirmed what I had just said... I was so shocked I had to sit down on the floor right there at the post office window! And then the word got around... not that I was a prophetess... but that I was the 'girl with the ESP'... and they wanted me to get involved with them... but my father in law... put a stop to me joining in their world... I guess he wanted me to save myself... not for the world... but for the SPIRIT... yes... Brother Ed had a great deal with shaping who I am in my spirit today!

He was always proper... and fun to be with.  And he even supported me when I accidentally killed a neighbors horse!   (Oh Lord knows that's a story for another day)

His spirit was strong and fierce, yet his soul was gentle and kind. He LOVED all his children and all the people in his flock... and we all loved him too!

He was the man who taught me to follow GOD with these words... "All you need is the SPIRIT inside you! You don't need anyone telling you what or who GOD is... because you KNOW HIM intimately because HE LIVES inside your heart and mind!"

These are the words that shaped my soul... and brought me to have a mind of my own... I learned to ask questions... be a thinker... and to read GODS WORD for MYSELF!

The memories he has placed in my heart... will live on forever...

I am saddened that he died accidentally going to fast on a motorcycle...

I am filled with joy to know that he is finally flying high with our Lord!

He was a true man of GOD... He only cared about spreading the word and loving Jesus!

RIP Brother Ed...

I can hear the voice of GOD greeting you in heaven... saying...
"Well done, GOOD and FAITHFUL servant!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home