MotherPope

Blessed by GOD, to be loud and proud of what is good and right and true! GOD bless us, Everyone! IJCNA

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Medical Letter

MEDICAL LETTER
I am so worried about where we are going with our health care!
There are so many problems that we have to consider here.
Ever since I was introduced to 'health insurance' I knew that it was a raw deal, I had never given a real thought on a solution until I got much older. But even at 16 I knew it was wrong. When I had an emergency and my Grandparents paid for the surgery and then explained to me later about the medical insurance and how I had a job and I needed to buy the ins. I did get some with a job, but I never gave a thought about our system until I found myself in a certain position where I am really falling in a crack....
I want to specifically state what I feel like a major solution would be, to fix all, or most of the things that are wrong with our current health care system.
I am wondering if I should name a few problems here first...
Insurance restrictions
Not enough funding
Corrupt doctors
Inept care
Medication costs
I honestly feel like where we are making our biggest mistake is; WE ARE GIVING OUR MONEY TO THE WRONG PEOPLE!! And this is what I didn't understand at 16 and I still don't understand why we are still doing this???
Examine this with me please; We are giving our money to the INS co's just so they turn and dictate to the doctors on WHAT can be done and WHO can be treated. THIS MAKES ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE TO MY LOGICAL BRAIN. In the meanwhile, the INS co's are getting their perks and getting big bucks to coat their own business's pockets. Paying overhead, red tape. This is SOOOOO wrong. We need to be be giving our monies NOT to the INS CO's but directly to the Hospital System itself! I am not wanting INS co's to NOT have business, I think that car insurance and homeowners insurance among others is very IMPORTANT. BUT, we need to send all our medical dollars directly to the Hospital System. Take control OUT of the INS CO's. I have often thought, wouldn't it be nice to pay my doc 10 or 20 bucks month, like a 'retainers fee' and maybe a small co pay at the time of needed medical help, rather than to throw money to be raped and pillaged within the INS CO's system???
Imagine if our hospital system was making all the money?? Imagine what they could do??? The DOCTORS would be in charge of WHO gets help and WHAT gets done. Of course there would have to be people in charge of this and the financial information would have to be public record. Wouldn't it be cool if we could go to the Hospital and the first thing they said to us is.. "WHAT'S WRONG?" rather than "do you have insurance?" The whole mood of the people would be so much better. We would all get fair treatment. And OUR HEALTH would be top priority, not 'where is the money going to come from'.... Imagine all the people... Everyone getting the best treatment possible.
I think that Doctors become Doctors so that they can help people. I think this is a basic compassion for others. To the point where some Doctors are coming up with some nice little tricks to get the INS co's to work. I admire those DOCs who bend the rules for the benefit of the people. But if the Doctors had real control, so much control that they can go before a board of directors and get approval for the important needs of the patients NOT how much will INS pay?
Imagine with me; this place where we would all be' treated' equal.
I have had 3 doctors want to 'run tests', could be bad. My very own DR of over 34 years helps me by giving me a cash discount and giving me the meds I need from samples. I don't have healh INS. I am in much pain.
If I was a vagrant, indigent, living under a bridge I could get better health care.
Of course, if I had a job I would have health care. Now that I lost my job you might think that I would qualify for free health care. But the problem is I have assets, my home. It is not a new story, Dateline did a story of a woman who died needlessly; the Docs could had saved her. But she would had lost her home to pay for the cost. So instead she went home and died so that her children would have a home. I myself would do the same thing. I would rather die than go in and give up my childrens future so that I can live. Live for what? To be in debt again?
It is so sad that some poor soul who has nothing will be saved... But for me because I have assets I don't get any help.
I don't understand this. I really dont think it is fair. When my daughter broke her arm I had to pay over a thousand dollars. I put it on a credit card. Since I do have good credit. I could make paymets. But the cost is double with the INS CO's running things rather than what it would be like if the money was already invested in the hospital system itself.
Is there anyone out there who hears and understands me? We need to make a change here.
When there is a logical solution to a problem we need to act fast.
I have a friend, her husband works, she is a stay at home mom. The work gives her husband medical ins but doesnt cover her, or the children. They cant afford to buy it themselves as they are barely getting by. Altho with thier low income she could get help. But me? They take one look at the fact that I own my home and I am disqualified.
WOW... so much for all my hard work to provide for my childrens future.
Lucky I am not suicidal anymore.
If I could stand up for one thing... if all the poetry and pain and songs and words written, can mean anything, I would like it to be this. "She wanted equal health care and she got it!"
If one woman can raise up and take prayer out of our schools; which was one of the biggest mistakes of the century. Then why can't one woman stand up for something that is good... and help to get people thinking that there IS a better way?
Thank you for hearing me...
Nancy AKA MotherPope

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home