MotherPope

Blessed by GOD, to be loud and proud of what is good and right and true! GOD bless us, Everyone! IJCNA

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

A Trip to Remember.

Last night Tom called asking if I would help him move his cars. I had told him last month I would help and I was OK with it. He told me if I could find another driver we could get it done in one day. So my first choice was Rita I called her and she asked how much was he paying. He said he would pay her 50 dollars. She wanted lunch too so he was good with that too.

He called me before 9AM. Asking if I was ready, which I wasn't cause he had told me last night it would be about 10 or 11AM. But I got up and got ready. He was here about 9:20AM. I had to take Shawndra to work at 10AM, so we went to get Rita. She wasnt ready so we went back and took Shawndra to work and by the time we got back to Ritas she was ready.

We were taking 3 vehicles. Tom was riding the Harley motercycle (imagine a one legged man with no helment, on the freeway for almost 2 hours) and Rita was in the middle driving the Murcury Cougar and of course I was rounding up the rear in the 2003 Corvette. He offered to take the top down but I figured with my hair and the sun so bright, I would just keep the top on and run the A/C. *smile* The ride was nice. There was a couple, maybe 4 times that I hit the gas to manuver around traffic or keep up through a light. Wow, my head went back with the force, it had amazing power. Only trouble we had was when the 'check gages' came on and it said I was low on fuel. I wanted to be safe rather than sorry. I figured the worst thing would be for me to run out of gas on the freeway with them going on with out me. I put the peddle to the metal and went beside Tom and told him the trouble. We stopped and got gas. It was strange because when we first started out I had half a tank. Tom said the gage must of been stuck cause it had some gas in it. He said it was parked for so long, might of been the reason the gage was stuck. He said it was a good thing we stopped anyway cause in his 'old age' his butt was getting sore, he needed a break. He wanted a cigarette anyway.

The drive was beautiful. If any of you have ever seen the piney woods of Texas you know how wonderful the scenery was. I didnt turn on the radio, I took the time to talk to God. And when I had prayed all I had to pray, I started to sing. Everytime I saw Tom's head above the Cougar, I would sing, 'Leader of the Pack' and when we drove through Shepard, where my mother lives, I made up a sweet little song about driving through her town and saying HI, it made me smile!

Tom is moving to Livingston, it's a real nice place. I had never been past Shepard so I wanted to look around. But of course I had to pay attention to the road. The Corvette made it easy as I used the cruise control for part of the way. It was a nice drive. I only got nervous when I had to drive through town and I was afraid they would make a light and leave me stuck at a red one. I didnt know where I was going, I was only following. Luck was with me because we made every light perfectly.

The place he bought is surrounded by trees! There is no other house in site. Just a quiet road that I never even saw a car come by on. I was so happy for him. I would of done the very thing if I was him. I loved it up there. We parked the Vette and I helped Tom put a cover on it. We rested, they smoked a couple cigarettes. And we took off back for home in the Cougar, all of us. Tom played some Beatles on a CD and it was really neat. I was singing along and dancing in the backseat when Ike and Tina Turner were singing Proud Mary! And I smiled every time I saw Tom and Rita smiling at each other. I have known Tom for about 15 or 16 years and I have known Rita for about 14 or 15 years. And they have met a few times but it was different today. They were making each other laugh. I thought to myself, I dont have to play match maker, God takes care of all that without any meddling from me. I thought it was really cool to see them getting along so well. Tom is 58 and Rita is 51. When I saw their eyes crinkle when they smiled I thought it couldnt get any better.

But it did....

Tom decided to take us to Red Lobster for lunch! The both sat together and I sat on the other side of the booth. It was neat seeing them like that. They both had Lobster and Crab legs. After Tom ordered, Rita says, "I'll have what he is having." Isnt that sweet? lol... of course I love shrimp, so I had their Tuesday shrimp special! Coconut shrimp and Shrimp Scampi and fried shrimp! They had baked potatoes but I had rice pilaf. We all had a dinner salad, I ate the salad and half the shrimp and had the rice and rest of the shrimp left over for dinner tonight! See? I dont have to cook!

Estelle is at my sisters in Baytown for the week so I dont have to worry about feeding her the rest of the week! So I cleaned up the kitchen from earlier and have had a nice hot shower and am now sitting here in my nightgown happy as can be! I dont have to worry about getting to bed and waking up at any particular time. Yes, I am feeling very happy!

My neighbor came over yesterday and helped me cut down a dead tree in my yard, Thank You GOD for that, he didnt charge me anything but I got out there and helped him. Thank You GOD that I am not behind in any bills. I have a clean kitchen... a quiet house... and good friends. There is only one thing that can make my life better. And because it is only one thing... I am grateful and am counting my blessings for all the other things that makes my life so good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home