MotherPope

Blessed by GOD, to be loud and proud of what is good and right and true! GOD bless us, Everyone! IJCNA

Friday, July 15, 2005

My Son Got Married today.

Today was a special day. It is the day my son got married. It was a simple ceremony at the Justice of The Peace. But the thing was... it was official. Neither of them wanted a big elaborate wedding. When Shawndra and I went up to make the appontment I said, "We need to make an appointment to get married." It only took me a split second to realise what I had said. And quickly I followed with... "No, not US, she is marrying my son." LOL... it made us laugh so hard. She had to go get another lady to make the appointment. And when she came out the first lady said.. "Now I want you to tell her exactly like you told me." Oh my! I was laughing so hard it took me a few seconds but I finally spilled it... and she said, "No wonder it took you so long to say that." It was so funny I laughed till I cried!

I had a nice easy day today. I got up early and went to the bank and stopped at Target to get a few needed things. I came back all sweaty and took a shower and laid down until it was time to get dressed. I wanted to dress up for this, so I wore my new dress. It is my only son and I believe his only wedding. I feel it in my soul that these kids will be together forever. They have been together for 4 years. They have that special love that I never had. I could of, but I was moved around so much I had to leave the boyfriends I got. I have raised Daniel to know that there will be many girls, but only ONE special one. And he has really found a special one.

Shawndra is a mother in laws dream daughter in law. She is cute and kind and really knows how to handle my son. I love to see them together and I am glad that I can see the love in their eyes when they look at each other. Shawndra works, goes to school. She even cleans the hall bathroom. I love Shawndra very much and I feel blessed with her in my house. Yes, she has lived with us for 7 months already and I have never regretted one moment, her moving in. I know that one day they will move out. Or I will.

We went to the courthouse for the 4PM appointment. Shawndras Mom and Dad and sister and brother met us there. The older sister wasnt there. We were called into the Judges chambers and lined up. This is the same Judge that Daniel had to see when he got caught at school with an herbal cigarette. He thought because it wasnt a REAL cigarette he wouldnt get in trouble. But she had said, "Looks like a cigarette, smokes like a cigarette, is a cigarette." But he did his punishment and went on and didnt get into anymore trouble. I dont know if she recognised him, she didnt say. But she went on with the preceedings. Of course when my son started to talk I started to cry. When he started to get to the part of taking care of her... he cried too! Shawndra thought she was going to cry. But it was Daniel and I who had the tears! When it was over, it touched my heart to hear the Judge say. "I rarely see a man cry," and looking at Shawndra she said, "You've got a good man there." I felt so good inside to have a Judge recognize the good in my son. I makes me feel like I did good with all the obsticals against me. And to have it be the Judge who said that just makes it all the more special.

Today is a good day. My son got married today, they arnt pregnant, they are IN LOVE.

Thank You God!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home