MotherPope

Blessed by GOD, to be loud and proud of what is good and right and true! GOD bless us, Everyone! IJCNA

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Talk; April 5th


The Talk Today..

04/05/2011 04:43 pm


I was watching THE TALK today, which I absolutely LOVE this show. I have wanted to write to them many times since they have been on, on various subjects but have not. But today, they talked about 'violence'... a subject that hits close to home with me. I wanted to write to them today, but you can only post two hundred chac... so I decided to post my thoughts here... but they came from watching THE TALK today. I try to watch as much as I can, but sometimes I am watching the grand children.

Todays show spoke about VIOLENCE of which I have survived. It made me remember back in 94' I think it was, I was watching TV and Dave Ward was asking a bunch of questions on violence and announced a town hall meeting to be held LIVE here in Houston.

In my head, I couldnt believe that I knew the answers to all the questions he asked, so I sat down and wrote these thoughts to the news station. Very soon I recieved an invite to attend this town hall meeting. So I sat down and made a chart on cardboard... of what I felt about Violence. When I showed this chart to one of the ladies there, she took it and showed it to Gina Gaston and came back and said they wanted to get me on. They then announced the meeting would go into over time.

Back then, I was married to Mr. Pope. He was very cruel and mean to me. I was afraid to stay later, he was waiting for me on the street in the truck and back then we didnt have IM's on our cell phones. Back then all I had was a pager and minutes to go. So I chose to not anger my husband and left. I wonder what those people think happened to me that night. Well... anyways... its in the past.

So I have dug out that old chart and some notes that I had written and am going to rewrite those things here.
Here, almost 20 years later and I am still fighting violence.

OK so here we go....

File; VIOLENCE, Where is our hope? Our Hope is wth the children!
My goal...
"POSITIVELY EMPOWERING PEOPLE TO PARENT WITH A PASSION-
when they are good, love them very very good, but when they are bad, dont be afraid to get very mad."

My Theory on Teen Violence

Where does violence come from? There are two types.

1) Learned behavior; normal way of life, they think its fun.

2) Comes from anger; anger is a second emotion to pain, pain comes from abuse or neglect.

What do these 2 types have in common?
They have no respect and they just dont care.

Why?

We have a backwards way in life when we DEVALUE and DISCOUNT the very people who stand for caring-

1) Police officers; goes to work to CARE for public safety, they risk their lives daily and sometimes they lose it.
2) Teachers; goes to work to CARE for the growth and developement of aprox. 20 - 30 kids in 1 room.
3) Stay at home mothers; most rich husbands know the value of a good wife/mother.
Being a wife and mother IS a full time job.
We HAVE to come up with a way to keep 'good moms' at home to care and nurture the family.

*when we devalue these people we are quietly teaching our children, its not a profitable thing to care.

*****************************************************************************************

In todays society, we must keep the LOVE flowing...

There is so much hateing going on right now.

So many people stabbing their brother or sister in the back.

We can change all this. With time.

But only if most all the people stand together against violent crimes. Put their foot down and demand justice.

Only if we remember that LOVE is key here.

All those years ago when I missed talking to the people that night at KTRK... I was at that moment a victim of violence, and to be fair, I prob wasnt ready.
Now I have survived and conquered all the violence in my life.

And now, I know the way out. And its NOT suicide.
I have NOT been hit in over 10 years.

It all depends on what we choose to do about it.

So after missing the chance to get my idea across, I went on thinking about a solution. I decided we needed a class added to our school system. Then I thought about and decided what should be used to teach this class, thats when I thought of the best informative book I have ever read. Proverbs! But it had to be simple, easy enough for the kids to understand. So I sat down and wrote it out the way I see it. The way it moved me. Some places I would get stuck. And a couple or three days later, it would pop on like a light bulb. To this day I remember what that parable meant, that caused me much worry and stress, when at first I couldn't understand it.

I got a copyright and have kept it in the closet for a long time. I would love to see it come out to help out the kids today.

"PROVERBS 2000; Solomons Wisdom Reborn" written by MotherPope

I was even surprised at the making of it. I couldnt of done it on my own... its packed with great advice for people who are trying to make it in a corrupt and evil world. God Bless us... every one of us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home