MotherPope

Blessed by GOD, to be loud and proud of what is good and right and true! GOD bless us, Everyone! IJCNA

Friday, August 05, 2022

My Health Report

 I went to the Dr yesterday.

I found out that the pain that I have in my right back side and now in my left arm are related to the artheritis and osteoarthitis, which includes arthrosis, spondylosis, osteophytes, anterolisthesis, sclerosis, osteophytosis. Now I don't know exactly how all these words go together so forgive me if I messed up writing them, I got these words off my medical chart. I do understand that somewhere in there are holes in my bones and also bone spurs. When explaining to my grandkids I told them too bad they can't take the spurs and put them in the holes. HAHAHA... 

From what I understand some of this stuff is from overuse. It makes me think about when I was a waitress at a popular pizza restaurant. I could move around that place doing 5 things at one time! It was a popular saying from the crew, "There goes Nancy in her 5th gear again" HAHAHA it was so true. I remember when I remember when I had just turned 18, it was a Friday night and there was a problem with another restaurant, when no wait staff showed up. Of all the people (other waitstaff) the general manager thought of me and my 5th gear and called my boss and had a conversation about me going to the Galveston store to work for the night. When they asked me... well, me being a team player I agreed. The manager gave me a ride from Houston to Galveston! Oh yeah! It's true! I remember how I felt about it. I was happy they chose me! I worked 2 dining rooms that night that usually 2 or 3 girls handled. I remember the sweat dripping down my butt crack! HAHAHA. I made $105.00 that night. And in 1977 that was a lot of money! I remember how everyone was so happy and amazed that I did that. 

But you know, it was that 5th gear that did it!

Here's the thing. I'm going to have this pain for the rest of my life. I'm guessing my left arm pain is from those heavy trays I used to carry. I've had the back pain for about 3 years and the arm about 10 months. Dr said some people get it and some don't. So, I have already been on gabapentin and ibuprofen, so Dr just upped them. Gab morning and night now, not just at bedtime anymore. And the Ibu... she just limited me to 2400 in 24 hours. YES, I have a Lady Dr and I LOVE her!

It's amazing how much better I feel getting up and taking those pills and about 20 minutes later Oh WOW! I can walk! Before I went to the Dr there was a few times I had to use my sister's walker to get around the house. It was awful. 

But all in all, I am reminded of the story about when death showed up to a farmer's house, He came for the wife, but took the cow instead. There's more to it but I shortened it. You can probably do a web search and find that whole story, but here I am giving a short summery. 

And this is how I positively feel.

It could have been worse. They could have told me much worse news. You know the kind. You may know someone who was told to 'get their affairs in order'. 

I can tell you I am slowing down. And I am grateful that I'm alive and doing well. You know that I can take a couple pills and feel better even though it still hurts a little. And I thank GOD for that!

I don't have to think about the terrible things that could have been, I can just concentrate on what has been given me. I recently read that the Queen of England has a saying; "I never complain, and I never explain." Shes the Queen so she has people to explain things for her! Lucky Lady! But I am digging that first part about not complaining! GOD knows I could whine and complain all day... but even the Bible tells us to 'Do all things without murmuring and complaining.' So, I am living the life... Could be better, could be worse so I won't complain!

If you got this far in my personal post here, Thank U for reading, 

GOD Bless US Everyone! IJCNA

And don't forget to Praise GOD, Thank U Jesus!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home