MotherPope

Blessed by GOD, to be loud and proud of what is good and right and true! GOD bless us, Everyone! IJCNA

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Arrogance of Man....

Due to recent events, I am pushed to witness the fact that arrogance is very unattractive.

I remember the lesson, for I learned it years ago. We were at the skating rink. Now I have been skating for as long as I can remember. When we were still in the single digits of age, my Grandmother made us skating outfits by hand, we even owned our own skates! The short dresses were wonderful and I remember the clean crisp feel of them. My Grandmother has a way of making everything feel good. She was also the best cook I have ever known! No one has ever come close to the tasty homemade things she could make. I remember how mad my Grandfather used to get when my niece was living with them and she would complain and whine for Taco Bell, with a perfectly good...no, GREAT meal set out on the table... so as my Grandmother loaded her up in the car and catered to this girl, my grandfather stewed at home with the stew... or whatever she had cooked. I was so totally understanding of my Grandfathers anger as I knew how good a cook my Grandmother was and justified the anger knowing that she should of been grateful to have my Grandmothers home cooking while it was there. My way of thinking is... you can still buy Taco Bell same as always... but my Grandmother stopped cooking for us back in 99' when she suddenly passed away. That perfectionist will never be duplicated in her cooking. There is a few dishes I make that are my Grandmothers recipes. And when I cook them they are the same as my Grandmothers, its like she is still with us in a way. But I don't cook for my niece. It's not that I have not forgiven her for her arrogance and disrespect, I truly have, knowing her punishment will always haunt her soul for the rest of her life and she can never go back and change it... however, she brings back bad memories for me, so I rarely if ever see her anymore.

Anyway... getting back to the day at the skating ranch... I was feeling great! I was young and secure... and looked good... I had no idea I was getting a little to cocky... I remember thinking "WOW, I AM GOOD, LOOK AT ME SKATE!" And then it happened... and I cant even excuse it as someone else's fault. I tripped over my own feet when my wheels connected! Fell flat and hard on my chest! Ohhh yes, this is what happens when we get to cocky... to arrogant.. thinking we can... ummm SKATE better than anyone else, or BE better than anyone else.

That is what being arrogant is all about. Thinking that your better than others because of your face, space, place or status. The one thing we have to keep in mind is... we all bleed red blood! We are all the same. Unless you bleed green blood... then we should worry about you being an alien! Or if you you see yourself bleeding blue blood, then you need to have a reality check. Turn on the lights and put on your glasses, (if you need them) and poke yourself with a pin or lancette. If your blood is not red, like the rest of us... well then you should go see a DR!

OK, you know I am just JOKING about the green and blue blood!!!

But I am serious about the attitude bringing you down. I know there is an old saying..."PRIDE COMES BEFORE A FALL" And that is just what happened to me that day at the skating rink! I was thinking so highly of myself, like I was the best skater of them all! It was really a sad thing now that I am looking back at it. I am sure that even for the best move I had, someone else at their beginning level, was better. Now I was pretty good mind you... but I should of enjoyed the air blowing through my hair more than I enjoyed thinking that all eyes were on me. That was a day that I learned a great lesson in life. I think everyone should know it. So I am here to tell you...

Never get to cocky...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home